What Christmas means to me. ["Sixth Day of Christmas!"]

On the sixth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: six geese a-laying, five golden rings, four calling birds, three french hens, two turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree!

x

What Christmas means to me. . .

Well, it means many things.

To me, it is the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. [For more details, watch A Charlie Brown Christmas. ;) ]

But it's not only that. It's also the celebration of family and joy and love. I think that people can celebrate the holidays even if they aren't religious because it's a perfect time to settle down, take a break and relax with friends and family. It reminds us that we aren't alone, and that the holidays aren't only about presents and carols.

There's a deeper meaning to Christmas that may not even be discovered yet.

. . .Maybe I'm just overthinking it. . .

But I think, even if you don't believe in God, you still have a right to celebrate something. And the holiday season in general is a time for everyone, no matter what you believe, to come together in peace and just celebrate. It reminds us that we are together, we are a family.

I could probably go on and on, but I'll just leave it at that for now.

Hope you're all having a wonderful week.

xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleepy Ramblings Regarding Strange Habits of Mine

Domenica | a poem

Socks | poem