Christmas Memories! ["Tenth Day of Christmas"]

On the tenth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: ten lords a-leaping, nine ladies dancing, eight maids a-milking, seven swans a-swimming, six geese a-laying, five golden rings, four calling birds, three french hens, two turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree!

x

I have lots of Christmas memories, so many that I tend to get them jumbled up and mixed around. But I suppose that adds to the fun of it, doesn't it?

We'll start with one of my favorites. . .

It was a very windy, snowy night, as I recall. I was probably around six or seven years old, and we were all spending Christmas at my grandparents' house. There were so many of us, I had to share a bed with my younger cousin. We were both snuggled up close, (it was probably around midnight) when all of a sudden we heard sleigh bells from downstairs. We started to get all excited, we could barely contain ourselves!

As far as we knew, everyone else was already asleep.

After a few moments of whispering excitedly, we decided it would be better if we just went to sleep. It took me a long time to sleep that night.

The next morning, we awoke to "sleigh tracks" in the snow in the yard. That was probably one of the coolest things I remember being a little kid during Christmas. . .

I also remember when we used to make "deer food" and my dad would put a bowl of it on the roof. In the morning, the bowl would be empty and on the ground. We used to get so excited about it!

And every year we ever had a white Christmas was my favorite. White Christmases are the best, and I'm hoping we have one this year! So far, so good.

There's probably many more wonderful holiday memories, most at my grandparents' house!

What are some of your favorite holiday memories? When you were a child? Recently? I'd love to read some! :)

Have a lovely Sunday, everyone. God Bless you all.

xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Domenica | a poem

Sleepy Ramblings Regarding Strange Habits of Mine

Why Modern Politics is Destroying Us