Christmas Traditions & Other Assorted Goodies! ["Seventh Day of Christmas"]

On the seventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: seven swans a-swimming, six geese a-laying, five golden rings, four calling birds, three french hens, two turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree!

x


~ We usually go to church the day before Christmas. Last year, if I recall correctly, it was just my mom and me. This year I'm hoping to continue this tradition. I like having lunch then going to mass in the snow.

~ This year, we decided to give our tree a theme: glass ornaments. Our whole tree is adorned with glass ornaments (and plastic icicles & tinsel), old and new. Our topper is, as it has been for a while, a lovely light-wrapped golden ribbon star. I love the way it shimmers on the top of our petite tree this year! Our whole tree is rather perfect this year. [Pictures will be up later, so stay tuned!]

~ On Christmas Eve, we have my dad's side of the family over and exchange presents with them and open them at that time. I really love getting together that night, because everyone is together for a sort of "pre"-present opening. We often share lots of laughs and hugs; my favorite part.

~ Since I was a little girl, my parents always told us to go to our stockings first. To this day we have to clean through all the stockings and sort through all the little goodies till we can open presents.

~ Every year, my mom and our cousin go on a HUGE cookie spree. Last year they made around 300 dozen. Some we keep and enjoy, some we give away to friends and family. They are DELISH!! Everyone loves them!

~ We like to put lights and tinsel on the other plants in our house, like the jade trees in our dining room. This year they're stringed with white star and diamond lights and homemade ornaments.

~ We have two pickle ornaments. Well, one pickle and a cucumber. Whoever finds them gets a prize.

~ Nativity scenes, usually homemade, scattered throughout the house.

~ Lots and lots of music, food and picture-taking!!!!

That's it, I think.

What are some Christmas or holiday traditions you do each year?

Gotta go, time to pack bags of cookies! Have a wonderful end-of-the-week, everyone!

xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Domenica | a poem

Sleepy Ramblings Regarding Strange Habits of Mine

Socks | poem