Blogtober | Week Four - Living life for every moment

The last week of October was perhaps one of the best weeks I've had in my whole life thus far. Words alone can't really explain why, and I suppose pictures could do the trick, but altogether there really isn't much of anything that can describe or depict just how happy I've been and how content I am. I guess I'll do my best to explain...

It started off Sunday evening, when my family and I went to my grandparents' house to celebrate my aunt's and little brother's birthdays. It was a lovely evening, full of warmth and laughter and good food. Of course, that's a usual thing for my family get-togethers, but it was a well-needed night to experience nonetheless. The kids said grace for us at the dinner table, and we enjoyed homemade food made by my awesome grandmother and mom. 

We also spent time going through jewelry and other little knick-nack heirlooms that were once my great great aunt's. It felt wonderful to be able to sit around in a cozy home and talk with family about the past and elaborate on the possibilities of the future. I expect much more of this to come once the holiday season rolls on in.

If you read my last blog post, or at least scanned it, you'd know that I've grown extremely fond of the bands Minor Soul and AJR. AJR is pure party music, and Minor Soul has just been indescribably inspirational for me. For the past two months, all I've wanted to do is meet the guys just so I could hug them and tell them how much their music means to me! And on Wednesday, October 29th, I got my wish!

My friends and I, being the little country bumpkins we are, approached the city of Rochester with anxiety and bubbly amusement that others would probably laugh at. We couldn't help it, though! We were just so excited, and there is no better feeling than that of anticipation. (Even if it does make my knees go weak and my hands numb... perhaps I get too anxious for big events like this!) With all the fuss and hustle and bustle aside, I got to see two of my favorite bands perform, AND there was a meet-and-greet after each performance! I gave Minor Soul a letter I wrote and poured my heart (and soul, of course) into, which may or may not have been too emotional/cheesy. And my friends and I received autographs from both bands! They even complimented my fan art, calling it "amazing". I mean, what was a seventeen year old girl supposed to do other than giggle and gush over how sweet they were!?

Needless to say, the rest of the week was full of spazzy, sleepy buzz and chatter. We couldn't stop thinking about all that had happened! We still can't stop! We call ourselves "fangirls", and for a good reason. We get overexcited, we get overemotional (mostly I do), and we are kind of head over heels with this music. 

Yesterday was Halloween, which was the perfect way to finish off a wonderful week for two reasons:

1. It was freaking HALLOWEEN. Candy, costumes, friends and laughter! We had a party at one of my best friend's house and it was seriously the best Halloween I've had in a while.

2. My friends and I (the "fangirls" I mentioned earlier) won a contest with AJR! I know this doesn't seem like a big deal... After all, it was just a silly fun video, right? To us, it was a HUGE deal. Stuff like this rarely happens to us, and for something like that to happen made us feel like we were on top of the world. 

Musical and cute boy obsessions aside, I can honestly say I don't know what I would do without my friends and family. (And I'd like to think that the wonderful fellas I met on Wednesday can also be considered my friends, hahaha) They are some of the best people in the world, and they make me smile when nothing else will do the trick.  So thank you, everyone, for being awesome, and keep up the good work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Domenica | a poem

Sleepy Ramblings Regarding Strange Habits of Mine

Why Modern Politics is Destroying Us