November 1st.

Today, my English teacher shared with me a challenge he was partaking in from someone else's blog. (Credit goes to this fellow: http://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs//poetic-asides)

The challenge is simple: write a poem a day, every day in November.

My response: Challenge accepted.

So, without further ado, here is my first poem for the first day of November~



There is nothing more mighty
than your smile,
The warmth in your eyes
Liquid gold
Kerosene
Your laugh a spark to ignite the flame
Your touch so gentle and serene.
If I appear ungrateful,
It is because I am shy;
But if you appear before me,
I will look into your eyes
And catch you up on lost time:
Something we've had a lot of,
And show you the deepest dreams
The darkest desires
And the pain that fills the cracks;
Someday we'll get it all back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleepy Ramblings Regarding Strange Habits of Mine

Domenica | a poem

Socks | poem