School's Out For Christmas (a song)

School's out for Christmas and I couldn't be happier,
hello, my dear you're looking quite dapper
in all of this chaos I'm still hanging on to your hugs
and with you this Christmas I am feeling your love.

I know we'll be good
for Santa's coming 'round the bend
We know we'll be good
Christmas doesn't have to end
if you lift up your heart to the sky and you sing,
the angels will too and the church bells will ring
for all of the things you have in your heart
this Christmas,
will start.

We're home for Christmas and I couldn't be gladder,
although this year's been one of the madder
through all of this joy we'll be in it together,
just pull me in close with the sleeves of your sweater.

I know we'll be great
if we're just hand in hand
We know we are great
through it all we will stand
if you lift up your heart to the sky and you sing,
the angels will too and the church bells will ring
and all of the things you have in your heart
this Christmas,
will spark

like a fire 'neath the tree
lighting up the glass and green
and the breathtaking moments
that are far to be seen
and we'll listen for carols
and we'll lay in the snow
I'll do it with you,
wherever you go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Domenica | a poem

Socks | poem

Weak One | poem