Storm | a poem

You
Are a rainy afternoon,
heavy and warm.

Your droplets are diamonds,
decorating my reality,
blinding beauty.

The weight of you
Is exquisite. Fixated, you stand over me,
sprinkling gems into my mouth and cleansing me.

(There's purity in the dirtiest earth.)

In the flightless bird that roams
below, I feel the swell of your shadow.

You
Are dry ground,
steady stone to walk around,
piles of pumice and globs of granite,
feeding fantasy with slate.

Fire feasts on deserts and waste, but
You
Are delicate flesh for me to taste.

Leaves sweep up delicacies,
delicious diamonds you've left behind, but
You
Are more than that.

Wind waltzes on walls of concrete, but you
Are found in the ground below streets,
underneath society's belly.

You
Are everything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleepy Ramblings Regarding Strange Habits of Mine

Domenica | a poem

Socks | poem