FaceTime | a poem

Through a screen I observe
A fortunate affair:
A familiar gathering of family
With you I wish to share.

Stories upon stories
Some written, some untold
From better or worse times,
Collected in colloquial troves.

Drunken mouths of laughter
And cheeks rosy with blush,
A most delightful event
Where one is seldom enough.

Though we are each our own
(Wise, ridiculous or fun)
Every smile is a sparkle and
Together we dazzle as one.

Through a screen I miss them,
Every laugh I hear tonight
And though it makes me smile,
I cry a little out of spite

For technology is a gift,
One prized beyond compare.
But family is the real prize,
The rarest diamond solitaire.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleepy Ramblings Regarding Strange Habits of Mine

Domenica | a poem

Socks | poem