Don't let it bring you down...

Something I've learned to do whenever I feel sad is just think that my life is far more comfortable and better than some other peoples' in this world. After all, I have food, family, and a roof over my head. And sometimes I forget how important that is. Sometimes I feel sad for the stupidest of reasons (teenage girl reasons, of course...) and then I think about Japan, with their Tsunami. And everything else going on in the news.

Rarely, I ever turn on the news voluntarily. But occasionally, while eating breakfast I turn it on to catch up with some local stuff. And what I see is horrific and terrible. I just about cry, and crying at 6am is not the most comfortable ways to start off your day.

So whenever I feel like crying for simple reasons that may be easily fixed or ignored (though it may be hard), I must remind myself time and time again that my life is amazingly better than most citizens of our Earth. I am a very lucky person and should be thankful for what I have. VERY thankful.

Altogether, my friends (if you are truly reading this at all..?), when you feel depressed for a simple reason or even no reason at all and you find yourself in sadness, think of all the happiness in your life. You are alive, healthy, beautiful, intelligent, perfect for yourself. And no one is to tell you otherwise.

...Maybe you've heard this advice before and you're thinking "Oh, please, this is soooo sounding like my mother." Well, honey, you're mother is right. Because you should be thankful for what you have, and if you're reading this most likely you have some sort of technology in your fingertips. Embrace it, enjoy it. Because not everyone has the pleasures you have.

You don't need money, you don't need power, you don't need a boyfriend or girlfriend to be TRULY happy. You need a family, and a life to lead, and everyone can have that. I'm most utterly sure of that.

Some thoughtful lyrics I find perfect when I feel sad for no reason:


Don't let it bring you down
It's only castles burning
Find someone who's turning
And you will come around.
~Annie Lennox

So, sit back, enjoy as much of your life as you can, and be thankful for whatcha got. 

Oh, and pigging out on chocolate and ice cream doesn't hurt either. ;)

Fair flying, friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleepy Ramblings Regarding Strange Habits of Mine

Domenica | a poem

Socks | poem