Relaxation.

What is relaxation these days?
Is it snuggling up with someone you love on the couch to watch a nice movie? Is it sitting in your bedroom, listening to music and eating chocolate? Is it simply sitting in silence, lying on a yoga mat?
I guess it all depends who you are, and what mood you're in.

This past week, my friends and I have joined a short-term yoga class in our school that will be continuing a couple more weeks after break. And may I just say that yoga is a VERY enjoyable and relaxing class to take. It's perfect serenity, it really is, even when you're stretching out to reach your goal of flexibility, your whole body quaking to find it's still point.
The outcome is breathtakingly relaxing.
This plus some Vitamin water, my friends and I loved it.


It starts with setting down your yoga mat and turning off the lights, while turning on some relaxing ritual-like music to calm the soul. You place yourself in child's position, (which is a position I could easily fall asleep to), and you close your eyes if you wish and take a moment to relax and find peace. Meditation.


During this part of it, I opened my eyes just barely to peer over at the window covered in snowy white light. Just a single window of the empty chorus room alight, so that the shades were up, and that we could still somewhat see.
It's all easily missed by the human eye, but if you look up at the brilliant white sky, God is smiling at you. You are in your peaceful serenity of a place, and He is happy and most pleased for you. And so are you to yourself.
This is when I felt like I could do anything.


The only issue with doing yoga before going home, is when I got home I realized I had a TON of homework to catch up on for two measly days missed of school.

Well, now it's February break for most everyone, so find your relaxing position and chill out.


Breathe slowly, and focus only on your breath.


Relax. Stay calm. Find pure serenity wherever you may be.


Doing work? Drop what you're doing and give yourself a well-deserved break.


It's the end of Winter, for heavens sake, don't we all need one?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Socks | poem

Domenica | a poem

Weak One | poem